Berlin School of Mind and Brain DAAD Scholarships for International Students in Germany, 2018
A number of Mind & Brain and DAAD scholarships will available to the best applicants to study at Berlin School of Mind and Brain (M&B) in Germany. This scholarship is open to all students with or without secured funding.
Depending on the applicant’s individual profile and interest, funding for the three-year program can consist of a full scholarship (from a funding agency or by the Berlin School of Mind and Brain – see below) or a research and/or teaching post with their supervisor.
The Berlin School of Mind and Brain (M&B) is an international and interdisciplinary graduate research school. It was established in 2006 and receives its funding through the Excellence Initiative (an ongoing German Federal and State Governments initiative since 2006 to promote excellent science and research at German universities), the Einstein Foundation Berlin, and Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2018
- Course Level: Scholarships are available to pursue doctoral degree programme.
- Study Subject: The central requirement for admittance to the School is your proposal for a doctoral project that was developed by yourself. All research proposals must have clear mind/brain relevance. The focus should be on the interface between the humanities and/or behavioural sciences with the neurosciences. Typical projects will investigate research questions that are of relevance to more than one discipline. The six research topics of the School pay tribute to that approach:
- Perception, attention, and consciousness
- Brain plasticity and lifespan ontogeny
- Brain disorders and mental dysfunction
- Human sociality and the brain (social cognition)
- Scholarship Award: Each year, the Berlin School of Mind and Brain can offer five to seven scholarships. Currently, scholarships are set at 1,350 euro/month plus funding for travel and training courses.
- Nationality: International students are eligible
- Number of Scholarships: A number of Mind & Brain and DAAD scholarships will available to the best applicants.
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
Entrance Requirements: Academic background:
To be able to apply for the doctoral program, students must have completed (or be in the process of completing) a
- Master’s degree (with thesis, usually two years)
In a field related/relevant to mind/brain research, e.g.
- Cognitive science
- Computer science
English Language Requirements: Our doctoral program is conducted in English. If you are a non-native English speaker we require proof of your proficiency. During the online application, please upload a certificate providing proof of your English knowledge. The minimum demand is B2 which is equivalent to the following test scores:
- UNIcert® II Certificate: 3,0
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 5,0
- Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE): B-C
- TOEFL: o Internet-based Test: 87, o Paper-based Test: 560
- DAAD Language Certificate: C in all test sections (minimum requirement)
How to Apply: Students will be admitted by the School’s Scientific Council on the basis of a competitive, internationally open application procedure that starts with an online application and includes further steps. Please read the instructions below carefully before you start with the online application process.
Please upload only:
- PDF files
- Do not password-protect or lock your files!
- Please do not insert spaces or special characters in the files names.
- The max. individual size of files: 5 MB