The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) is inviting eligible candidates for KNUST Postgraduate Scholarships in Land Governance for African Students in Ghana, 2018, which involves a series of masters and doctoral scholarships for students working on topics related to planning and land governance.
Scholarships are available to pursue Master and Doctoral degree programme.
Field of study:
- Applications may come from the subject areas of land administration and management, land economics, natural resource economics, environmental economics, development economics, real estate development and management, environmental law, development studies, urban and regional planning, urban development and management, geomatics (GIS & Surveying), geography, natural resource management, agriculture economics and other land-related fields with strong relevance to national development.
- The scholarships at KNUST are available in the following MPhil and PhD programmes:
- Planning (by research)
- Development Studies (by research)
To be taken in(Country):
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST), Kumasi, Ghana
Scholarship Number :
Up to two scholarships for Master studies and up to four for scholarships for PhD studies at KNUST for the intake 2018.
Africa students are eligible to apply
To be eligible for this scholarship you must meet the following requirements: Applicants
- Must have admission KNUST according to DAAD selection criteria;
- Have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with above average results (upper third of class);
- Clearly, show motivation and strong commitment;
- Have the thorough knowledge of the language of instruction;
- Have their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application;
- Must be nationals or permanent resident of an African country;
- Should generally be staff member of a public university, candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment, from the public sector or DAFI-Alumni (Albert Einstein German Academic Refugee Initiative).
- Have the thorough knowledge of the language of instruction.
31st May 2018
How to Apply: Apply online via the DAAD-Portal under the tab “Personal Funding“/ “Application“
Documents to be submitted:
- DAAD application form duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal);
- Hand signed curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen form at http://europass.cedefop. Europa.eu), including a list of publications (if applicable);
- Recommendation letter by university teachers (Master 1, PhD 2);
- Letter of admission to the Host University/ institution/network;
- Copies of university degree certificates including transcripts;
- Letter of motivation.
- Copy of the passport
- PhD candidates must submit the following additional documents:
- Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor;
- Detailed and precise PhD proposal, including detailed work and timetable.