The SOAS University of London is calling for applications for Shapoorji Pallonji-SOAS Scholarships for International Students in UK. The Scholarship is available for fee-paying full-time students in Zoroastrian Studies.
SOAS University of London, is a public research university in London, England, and a constituent college of the federal University of London.
Applicants must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible.
Offers are available for pursuing MPhil/PhD programme.
Field of study:
One-year full-time MA Religions of Asia and Africa pathway: ‘Zoroastrianism’, starting in 2018/19.
Two-year part-time MA Religions of Asia and Africa pathway: ‘Zoroastrianism’, starting in 2018/19.
Full-time MPhil PhD (new admissions only, starting in September 2018) in the following subject areas: i) Zoroastrianism, both ancient and modern ii) Zoroastrianism with language study (Avestan, Pahlavi, Persian and Gujarati)
These will normally provide a contribution to fees of up to a maximum of £13,000 each year for the duration of the award and a stipend of up to £10,000 per annum (or pro rata for part-time students) may also be awarded.
To be taken in(Country):
Scholarship Number :
The scholarship is open to UK/EU and overseas fee-paying full time students.
- must possess or expect a First Class Honours Degree or equivalent.
- Applicants with a non UK masters degree must be in the top rank as evidenced by references and transcripts.
- Candidates for the MPhil/PhD scholarships must possess or expect a masters degree with a mark of Distinction from a UK university.
- Those with a mark of merit may also apply but will not be given preference.
- Students for the MPhil/PhD scholarships must have demonstrated in the research proposal of their application for admission that their research is in one of the following subject areas: Zoroastrianism, Avestan language, Pahlavi language, Persian language and Gujarati language.
- Applicants for the MA scholarship must complete the compulsory 60 credit dissertation in Zoroastrianism and the 30-credit module: Zoroastrianism, Historical and Contemporary Perspectives. In addition to this, applicants may wish to take one further 30-credit language module (e.g. Avestan language module).
- In order to be considered for the MPhil/PhD & MA scholarships, applicants must have an offer of admission to a Research programme or to the MA Religions of Asia and Africa: Zoroastrianism at SOAS by the time the selection takes place. It is expected that the selection will start at the end of May.
- must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 July 2018. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
1st May 2018
Applicants should follow the following steps:
Applicants must submit a complete online application for admission as soon as possible.
Further guidance for applying for admission to the MPhil/PhD programme and documents you need to submit is available here.
IMPORTANT: Applicants for the MPhil/PhD scholarships must have in the research proposal in one of the following subject areas: Zoroastrianism, Avestan language, Pahlavi language, Persian language and Gujarati language.